Integrate Google AdSense Into Your Blog
It’s costly to run an online business. The cost is hosting charges, tools for website management, safety measures, digital advertising.
However, keep up, what was the last one? Digital advertising… can’t websites also make money from advertising?
Absolutely. Ads are a fast and lightweight way of monetizing your WordPress site and generating passive business income. The advertising world is naturally complicated. You want a service that keeps you out of weeds like Google AdSense to monetize your WordPress site.
AdSense dominates the digital space – it is used on more than 10 million websites and could work for you. This post will tell you how to drive Google AdSense revenue and how to install AdSense on the WordPress website.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is a website-based program that enables visitors to view targeted ads. AdSense is free, easy to implement, and supports images , text, video, and interactive media advertising.
AdSense is an online advertising approach — you simply need to worry about where to place the ads on your website and website. Google handles everything else and determines which ads your visitors can view, including billing advertisers. Need to get Adsense approval?
Google AdSense pays only when someone clicks their advertisements, on the Pay-Per-Click (PPC) model. The cost per click depends on the value of the keyword, the click rate and other factors. Earnings are divided between Google and the site publisher – publishers take 68% of the revenue each time they click.
Google AdSense ads are highly target-oriented. Google will select relevant visitor advertising based both on your website content and on the Google ad personalization system which follows the interests of users based on their browsing history.
Before we go on, note: If you consider the different platforms that could better meet your needs, AdSense alternatives are also available.
Coming to WordPress with Google AdSense
Now we can learn how to connect AdSense with WordPress, as we understand how to use AdSense. The registration, placement of ads and the optimisation of the layout of your ads is a three-step process.
Make sure your WordPress site is up-to-date, safe and has adequate original content to support advertising even before applying.
1. Start with registering Google AdSense Account
You must first sign up for an AdSense account to integrate AdSense with WordPress.
For a Google AdSense account:
- Go to the registration page and click Start, follow the instructions for creating an AdSense account.
- You will see a page with some code after sending your site information.
- After Google code has been placed, go back to your AdSense account, check the code I have pasted to my site box and click Fulfilled.
- In two weeks, Google will check and respond to your application.
This code is entered into the Header of your HTML website, and Google ads on these pages are displayed. Use a plugin such as a Google site kit or Insert headers and footers to insert this code into your site. You will not need to edit HTML directly on these plugins.
Pass on to the next phase if your site is approved. If not, increase the volume and quality of your website’s content, update your WordPress plugins and core, improve the safety of your site and resubmit it. You can comment down and we will help you throughout the process.
2. Place ads on your WordPress website
Google AdSense provides two ways to advertise your site. You can choose from which pages and places to publish ads or allow Google to decide on the optimal location.
Manually placing Ads
We first generate the code for an ad-unit to manually insert an ad on your site. A publicity unit is a code section that shows ads. You will want to create several ad units for different locations ( i.e. a sidebar announcement versus a banner announcement) because they vary in type, shape and behaviour.
We always recommend placing ads manually as google auto ads are far away from perfect. Manual ads gives you an advantage of place ads as per your comfort.
Creating the code of your ad unit:
- Choose Ads > Overview on your AdSense account.
- Select the By Unit Register.
- Select Display Ads from the Create New Ad Unit. Display ads are intended to display their headers, footers and lateral bar in areas outside of your website content. Alternatively, one of the two options can be selected:
- In-foot ads appear in an editorial feed or news feed between links to articles/postings.
- Inside the content of your posts are in-article ads, as in a blog post between paragraphs.
- Name your new unit of advertising. Visitors will not see that name, and it is important to keep track of its purpose ( e.g. “Ads1”).
- Select your ad unit’s form and size on the same page. Choose responsive over statistic for size so that your ads are displayed correctly on the mobile phone.
- Click Create.
- Copy the code for the advertising unit and save it later.
Now you can just paste the code according to the desired sizes and google will display ads on the location.
How do I place Auto Ads?
Google’s auto ads function is an alternative to choosing your own ad placement. Google scans your website pages with car ads and automatically places ads in the most profitable places. Begin with auto ads:
- Choose Ads > Overview on your AdSense account.
- Select By Site, and click Get code.
- To paste it into the headers of your page, copy the AdSense code and use a plugin like the Google site kit or insert Headers and Footers.
3. Track Ads Performance on WordPress?
You have ads up and running, but they are efficient? When you place paid ads on your WordPress website, measurements are a must.
Thankfully, with its channel function, AdSense can track ad unit performance. You can sort your ads using channels, by variables such as page placement and ad size, and you can decide which tweaks are to be added. Learn how to use Google support page channels.
Your friend’s plugins are here too. Options such as MonsterInsights, ExactMetrics, and many others report on traffic to your pages with WordPress analytics. Please allow Adsense to get the most attention on your ads on your high-performing pages.
Through this you get a further revenue stream from your WordPress website which you can reinvest in both your business and website costs. Take care of your brand development and refine your WordPress website.
How To Integrate Google AdSense Into Your Blog