Google: Connecting Nest devices to Alexa
- Yes, Alexa allows your Amazon Echo speaker to be operated with your Nest device via voice control.
- Alexa is able to connect video guns, thermostats, cameras, and other devices to Nest.
- At present, Alexa cannot be connected to the Home Security System of Nest and still needs to be managed via the Nest application directly.
Do you love sleeping in a cold room, but hate coming out in the morning from your hot bed? Would you like to know what is happening on the front shop, but don’t feel like coming out of your warm bed?
Well, you are fortunate, provided that as part of your life you have a Nest and an Amazon Echo device.
To utilize Nest Thermostat and Nest Camera skills, connect Nest with Alexa’s Voice Control. Then you can ask Alexa to change your house temperature and display your Nest camera video.
You can control your intelligent home with minimal effort after connecting Nest with Alexa.
New technologies like Alexa supports Google Nest provides you with more ways to control your Nest home while you’re out. You don’t have to go to your thermostat or locate your phone with Alexa. Just talk to Alexa about what your nest product is to do. Say one of the following sentences.
The following Google products are supported by Amazon Alexa:
- Cameras and video doorbells
How to connect Nest devices with Alexa
- On your iPhone or Android, open the Alexa app.
- Tap on the top-left corner of the three lines.
- Tap “Skills & Games” on the menu that appears.
- Tap and type “Nest” into the search bar on the top of the magnifying glass icon. (You can use the ‘Nest Thermostat‘ for example to save time.)
- Tap “ENABLE TO USE” and enter your login information as requested after the appropriate “skill” has been found for your given device, and tap for connection.
- Tap “Discover devices” now, and you’ll be connected to and able to control your device Alexa and Nest.
Hope this helped! Google: Connecting Nest devices to Alexa