The MHA does not plan to postpone JEE, NEET, but the final decision rests with the Education Ministry

The MHA does not plan to postpone JEE, NEET, but the final decision rests with the education ministry

The decision of Govt to move ahead with JEE and NEET even though the COVID 19 pandemic has not left somewhere in the world has upset students and families.

It seems unlikely, despite the student protests around the country, that the Main Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) and the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) are postponed.

The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) states that the final decision lies with the Ministry of Education (MoE) and the latter confirmed its commitment to conduct examinations next month.

The JEE (main) and the NEET (undergraduate), respectively, are scheduled for the first half of September for admissions to engineering and medical schools. The NEET is scheduled for September 1 to 6 while the JEE Main is scheduled for September 13.

Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, the government’s decision to take the examinations has irritated students and parents throughout the country.

While the administration insists on the use of appropriate safeguards, critics of the decision have noted that students must fly to take the test, which they feel is inaccurate at the moment.

Another objection raised is the disruption of the lock-down preparations to verify Covid-19.

Speaking at The Print, a source from the Department of Home Affairs — which coordinates all lockdown efforts and unlock — explained that no plan has ever been made for the examinations to be postponed.

The final decision to keep or postpone the exams would be the MoE, said the source.

This was reiterated in the source when Chief Ministers Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal) and Naveen Patnaik (Odisha) asked the central administration for letters requesting that the examinations be postponed. “This is something the MoE wants to investigate. They’re going to take a call.

Twice since Friday the NTA, the MoE agency conducting the examinations has clarified that the exams are scheduled to take place.

“”The Supreme Court has ruled that in prayers for postponing the review in question concerning NEET UG-2020 and JEE (Main) April 2020 there is absolutely no excuse,” NTA said in its statement of Tuesday.

“The NTA has, since then, released Admit Cards of JEE (Main) Examination. The Admit Cards of NEET (UG) 2020 will also be released shortly,” it added. 

Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ also said that the exams would be continued. ”Many parents have written to us asking us when the NEET and JEE exam will be held and how long a child could continue preparing for examination, which is why we decided to carry through examinations after they have been postponed twice’

The MHA does not plan to postpone JEE, NEET, but the final decision rests with the Education Ministry

c9375be852261e7d14e7598670cdf542?s=130&d=retro&r=g - The MHA does not plan to postpone JEE, NEET, but the final decision rests with the Education Ministry
Rajat Singhhttps://bioinformaticsindia.com
Rajat Singh is the chief Author at Bioinformatics India, he has been writing for the past 3 years and has a special interest in SEO, Technology, Health, Life Sciences and gaming.

Get in Touch

Related Articles

Get in Touch

231FansLike
544FollowersFollow
75FollowersFollow
55FollowersFollow
243SubscribersSubscribe
Get new posts by email:

Latest Posts