Skin Tanning: How To Remove tan from face
Holidays are nice before you know that your skin has become darker in sunlight in two shades! Don’t fear, because tanned skin can be got rid of productive methods. You don’t have to think about running out of the beach with the right skincare strategy.
The first step before you begin skincare is to consider your skin and the science underlying each of your issues. Let us then discuss all the explanations, styles, and tanning treatments.
What is Tanning?
Tanning is the mechanism of growing melanin (skin pigment) caused by sunlight penetration. This is the normal way for the body to protect the skin from sun exposure.
Areas Prone To Tan
Causes of Tan
The solar spectrum (sunlight) consists of UV (ultraviolet) rays at three wavelengths –
- UV A
- UV B
- UV C
When UVA rays penetrate the layers of the skin, they signal the melanocytes (skin’s cells) to produce excess melanin (skin-darkening pigment), which further darkens due to oxidation and causes tanning.
Types Of Tan
There are different types of tan and reactions to the sun based on your skin color.
|Skin Color||Reaction to Sun Exposure||Level of Tanning|
|Pale white||Always burns||No tan|
|White to light beige||Burns easily||Minimal tan|
|Beige||Burns moderately||Tans to light brown|
|Light brown||Burns minimally||Tans to moderate brown|
|Moderate brown||Rarely burns||Tans to dark brown|
|Dark brown or black||Never burns||Tans profusely|
How do I naturally remove tan?
The era of Ayurveda texts tends to be excellent healers of skin tanning for the Turmeric, Safran, Sugar, and nut-based oils. We will address in this article basic tan removal treatments that can be used to clear tan from your body.
If you are tanned for walking through the city or relaxing for days at the beach, these natural home remedies can help to eliminate the heat.
You will use them to get sun tan off your whole body – whether it’s your neck, feet, arms, or paws.
Lemon Juice and Honey
A magic mixture of lemon juice and honey has been shown to instantly eliminate tan. Lemon has been seen to extract melanin, which nourishes and moisturizes our skin and induces sweetness. Mix the ingredients together and add 2 weeks daily and be shocked at the results. One of the best tan removers can be considered.
Tomato and Rice Flour
Don’t be disappointed: take 1 tomato juice and mix it with 1 rice flour teaspoon. Apply this paste on your face as a rinse and you will be shocked to see how it immediately extracts the sun tan. It’s a perfect scrub to remove dead skin sometimes every two weeks). Tomato is a rich source of Ayurveda vitamin C to improve antioxidants and make skin complexion lighter.
Other Natural Ingredients to Get Rid of Tan:
- Tomato and yogurt
- Orange juice and yogurt
- Oatmeal and buttermilk
- Potato juice
- Aloe vera
- Ice cubes
- Bitter gourd
- Multani mitti
Yogurt and tomato to reduce tan
Tomato is rich in antioxidants that help in brightening skin. Yogurt on the other hand contains lactic acid which softens the skin.
1. Take raw tomato and remove the skin.
2. Blend it with 1-2 tsp of fresh yogurt.
3. Use this paste on your tan, and wash off after 20 minutes.
TOMATO- Natural Tan Remover
Due to the presence of natural ingredients like antioxidants, tomato helps to lighten and brighten the skin complexion. It is rich in phytochemicals that can fight the damage caused by the harmful UV rays of the sun along with skin bleaching properties.
How To Remove Tan By Using Tomato?
- Cut a slice of tomato or apply its skin on your skin.
Tomato With Yoghurt:
It moisturises and soothes the skin.
- Take a tablespoon of fresh and plain yoghurt along with a tablespoon of tomato juice Mix to form a paste
- Apply on sun affected areas
- Let it dry for around 3o minutes and wash it off using cold water
Tomato With Rice Flour:
Great scrub to be used once a fortnight to remove dead skin.
- Take the juice of 1 tomato and mix it with one teaspoon of rice flour
- Apply this paste to remove tan instantly from your face and body
ALOE VERA GEL- Natural Moisturizer
It is renowned for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, hydrating and skin-soothing properties. It helps to relieve sunburn and acts as a moisturiser which imparts a healthy glow to the skin and skin cells.
How To Remove Tan By Using Aloe Vera?
- Cut a fresh aloe-vera(AV) leaf or use any available AV gel
- Slice it to use its gel and massage it to remove tan from affected areas directly
Aloe Vera With Masoor Dal:
It helps to exfoliate the skin cells, tightens the pores, and makes the skin radiant. It also cleans your skin, making it oil-free.
- Soak a cup of masoor dal
- Add a few spoons of AV gel in soaked masoor dal to form a thick paste
- Apply this pack on your face, hands and legs for 30 minutes
- Gently scrub it off and wash it with cold water
Multani Mitti For Suntan
How To Remove Tan Using Multani Mitti?
It lightens the tanned skin and has anti-inflammatory properties, follows the below-mentioned steps to use Multani mitti to remove tan.
- Make a paste of two tablespoons of Multani mitti with one tablespoon of AV gel and a few drops of rose water
- Apply this mixture on your suntanned areas
- Keep for 20 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water
ORANGE JUICE AND PEEL- Natural Skin Bleaching Agent!
Citric acid and vitamin C present in orange revitalise and boost skin complexion. It contains a bioactive compound- poly methoxy flavones (PMF), which help inhibit melanogenesis, thereby fading skin tan and lighten the skin.
How to use?
Yoghurt face packs with exfoliating properties!
- Mix a tablespoon of orange juice in yoghurt
- Apply to tanned areas
- Rinse it off with water after 30 minutes
Orange Juice With Turmeric And Honey:
Turmeric has been known to remove pigmentation, blemishes and brighten the skin naturally. Honey helps to moisturise and nourish the skin cells.
- Make a paste of 1 teaspoon orange peel powder, a pinch of turmeric and one teaspoon honey
- Apply it on your face for about 10-15 minutes
- Gently rinse with water
POTATO JUICE- Natural Tan Remover
Potato is loaded with vitamins and minerals, which helps to fade dark spots and finally remove tan naturally. Whether it is used as a juice, peeled or paste, it works as a potent bleaching agent.
How To Remove Tan From The Face Using Potato?
- Rub a sliced potato directly on the skin or keep thin slices on your eyes and face
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes and wash
Potato With Lemon Juice:
It will effectively remove tan due to its skin brightening features.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice with a tablespoon of extracted potato juice
- Leave it for half an hour
- Rinse it off
SANDALWOOD- For Glowing Skin
Popularly known as Chandan, is an exceptional skincare ingredient enlisted in the Ayurveda with anti-tan properties. Due to its antiseptic properties, it also prevents skin darkening, acne and blemishes. It helps to lighten and make your skin glow.
How To Remove Tan Using Sandalwood With Rose Water
- Use a 2-3 tablespoons of sandalwood powder in a few drops of rose water.
Note: if you have dry skin, you can use a few drops of sandalwood oil rather than the powder for nourishing your skin and skin cells.
- Apply the paste on your face
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Using lukewarm water rinse, wash and dry
How To Remove Tan Using Sandalwood With Coconut Water
It contains phenolic acids that exhibit properties beneficial to detox and protect skin against sun damage.
- Make a paste of one tablespoon each of sandalwood powder and coconut water
- Apply this on your face until dry
- Rinse your face with cold water
Some of these remedies provide instant results, and some may take some days! Just be patient for glowing skin.
As ‘prevention is better than cure’, it is better to take necessary steps to avoid suntan and sunburn is the first place!
How To Remove Tan?
Use A Sunscreen Gel
- Be sure to always use a sunscreen with SPF 50 or more! Reapply sunscreen after 2 – 3 hours for maximum protection from the sun.
- Sun’s rays are harshest between 11 to 4 p.m., so avoid going out or any outdoor activities during this time.
- Wear a protective hat and sunglasses when out in sunlight
- Wear protective, full-sleeves clothing with comfortable, breathable fabrics like cotton
- Stay hydrated! Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. If drinking, just water seems boring, drinking fresh juices, eat fruits and vegetables for maintaining skin hydration is good too!
How To Remove Tan From Face – Tips
One of the most popular formulations which have been found to prevent and combat tanning is the vitamin C serums; the research says that topical application of vitamin C combats hyperpigmentation caused due to extensive exposure to UV radiation.
Many people also ask
Does Vitamin C Serum Remove Tan?
Yes, it does! Vitamin C serum works by reducing the melanin (skin pigment) synthesis offering bright and glowing skin. It also promotes the formation of ceramides throughout the skin!
How Does Vitamin C Remove Tan?
Due to its antioxidant properties, vitamin C protects against free radicals and works well to improve uneven skin tone & pigmentation. The Vitamin C serum is rich in pure and concentrated vitamin C; hence, they are one of the best formulations to keep with you to remove tan.
Sun Tanning FAQs:
Q1. Does Sunscreen Help To Remove Tan?
Ans: This is one of the most frequently asked questions; sunscreen helps to protect your skin from tan, needs re-application. But a sunscreen formulated with antioxidants may help to combat damage caused by UV radiation. Always use gel-based light sunscreen with SPF 50.”
Q2: Can Suntan Go In One Day?
Ans: This is the problem with tan; it can come in a day but never goes at once. So, be cautious while inviting it.
Q3: Is There Any Anti-Tan Diet?
Ans: Unfortunately not, but foods rich in antioxidants help to keep skin glowing and happy!
Q4: How Often Should I Use Sunscreen To Prevent Tan?
Ans: You always be sure to use a sunscreen with SPF 50 or more! Reapply sunscreen after 2 – 3 hours for maximum protection from the sun.
Q5: Does Vitamin C Serum Remove Tan?
Ans: Yes, it does! Vitamin C serum works by reducing the melanin (skin pigment) synthesis offering bright and glowing skin. It also promotes the formation of ceramides throughout the skin!
Skin Tanning: How To Remove tan from face