Online Applications Invited For CDFD Research Scholars Program 2021
CDFD Research Scholars Program – I 2021 – Online Applications Invited. CDFD – Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics Hyderabad has announced the online application for Research Scholars Program I 2021. Interested and eligble candidates check all the details on the same below:
The CDFD (Center for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the nation, which supplies services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts basic research in the frontier regions of modern biology.
The current research themes include:
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Computational Biology
- Disease Biology
- Molecular Microbiology
(The details are listed on our website www.cdfd.org.in)
We invite applications from extremely motivated candidates for admission to our Research Scholars Program beginning August / September 2021. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we especially encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply. Those admitted as Research Scholars would be encouraged to make an application for the PhD program of Manipal Academy of Higher Education or Regional Centre for Biotechnology. The selection for RSP – I – 2021 shall be based on an entrance examination followed by an interview.
To be eligible for Admission to the CDFD – RSP – I – 2021, the applicants should have:
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture in a recognized University/ Institute OR MBBS. Candidates who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply.
- Qualified for a Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE / BINC / JEST / UGC — RGNF or any other similar examination with fellowship.Candidates having qualified for the Project – JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme/ [which is only for a period of two years] / DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree /DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list / LS-NET qualification only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination are NOT eligible to apply.
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing PhD at CDFD.
- If a candidate’s fellowship result is AWAITED, the candidate can UPDATE the fellowship status preferably before the examination, but positively before the interview.
- Note that having a fellowship is not mandatory for applying for and appearing in the examination, BUT, only candidates with a valid fellowship will be eligible for an interview.
Admission to the CDFD – RSP – I – 2021 will be based upon an interview through video conference, the exact dates will be informed along with the list of candidates shortlisted for the interview. The applicants need to be available for more than one round of interviews if needed. The shortlist of candidates to appear for these interviews will be prepared by CDFD from:
- Candidates that appear in the ENTRANCE examination that will certainly be conducted jointly by CCMB and CDFD through on-line mode in the last week of May, 2021 (the exact dates will be informed later on at the time of issue of Hall tickets/ Admit cards) as well as have applied to CDFD – RSP – I – 2021, (CDFD-LAN Shortlist).OR
- Applicants who appeared in the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS 2021), which was held on March 7, 2021, and also have actually applied to CDFD – RSP – I – 2021 (CDFD-JGEEBILS Shortlist).
The shortlisting will certainly be based upon cut-off scores determined by CDFD.
As the list of candidates shortlisted for interview will be displayed only in June 2021, candidates that have actually appeared for the JGEEBILS-2021 examination are encouraged to appear for the CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Examination to be held through online mode in the last week of May 2021.
Interviews will certainly be conducted through video conference in July/ August 2021; the exact dates will certainly be informed in addition to the list of candidates shortlisted for the interview.
Interested candidates (including those who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2021) need to register their names for CDFD – RSP – I – 2021 by applying in the prescribed application form on-line. Please contact <firstname.lastname@example.org>for any queries. The Online application facility will certainly be closed on May 09, 2021.
The CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Examination will be held in the last week of May 2021 (the exact dates will certainly be informed later on at the time of issue of Hall tickets/ Admit cards).
- CDFD’s Research Scholars Program is a fully residential program. The chosen candidates will need to stay on campus.
- Mere fulfilment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would certainly not automatically entitle a person to be selected. The decision of CDFD in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
- Please check this website regularly for updates.
|Registration and submission of Form Online||Saturday||20th March 2021|
|Last Date of Submission of Form Online||Sunday||09th May 2021|
|Date of Downloading Admit Cards Online (tentatively)||TBA|
|Date of Examination||TBA|
For any queries, please contact: email@example.com.