NITI Aayog – Online Internship Opportunity Government of India: Apply Now
Applications are now available for online internship (work-from-home) at NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India).
NITI Aayog Internship Program
In 2015, the Government of India launched an Internship Scheme at NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India). The aim of this Scheme is to include UG/graduate/PG graduates or research scholars from recognised universities/institutions within India and abroad.
The internship was retained after the pandemic and was now reopened with a new system for the students.
About the Internship
Interns shall be exposed to various vertical/divisions/units within NITI Aayog and the process of research within NITI Aayog is expected to be supplemented by the collection of empirical data and the collection of in-house and other details.
The online application link will be open from 1st to 10th of every month.
Candidates who applied earlier in the month of March 2019 must re-apply for their internship in accordance with the most recent guidelines.
Duration of Internship
The period of the internship shall be at least six weeks but not exceeding six months.
Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.
Bonafide students of any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- UG students, having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of second year/4th semester of the bachelor degree course and secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed/ appeared in the term-end exams of first-year/2nd semester of their post-graduate program or persuing research/Ph.D. and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that they have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of result of the final exam and the desired month of the internship should not exceed six months e.g. if the result is declared in the month of June then he/she can apply for the internship beginning til1 the month of December.
How to Apply?
- The interested applicants may apply online only on the website of NITI Aayog during the period between the 1st to 10th of every month.
- The application can only be made six months in advance but not later than 2 months before the month in which the internship is desired.
For example, if an applicant wants to join an internship program that is commencing in the month of Apr-19 then he/she can apply from the month of Oct- 18 to Feb- 18. The application will be valid for the desired month.
- Applicants must also clearly indicate the area of interest.
- Please Note: A candidate can apply for an internship only once during a financial year.
- The selected applicant has to produce original mark sheets and NOC from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be cancelled. (Format given in Annexure ‘C’ of the official notification).