How to get an internship in Flipkart India?
Flipkart is one of the major e-commerce business in India, the company not only attracts a lot of clients but also passionate students who want to be part of the Flipkart team. The e-commerce rivalry between Flipkart and Amazon has led to a larger number of students being followed at the joy of the students. The recruiting process Flipkart remains nevertheless similarly taxing in terms of these prized internships.
How to know if I am eligible for an Internship?
Flipkart internships are available to students who are bachelor or master of computer science and business administration; whether they can prove their merit in their interviews, they are also engaged in students from other backgrounds.
In some profiles, you can find an internship in Flipkart, the production of applications, sales management, and operational management. In its Bengaluru branch, Flipkart provides 2 months internships and grants interns a 30K-40K scholarship. It is possible to apply for a pre-placement bid at the conclusion of your Flipkart internship.
How can I apply for the Internship program?
There are various ways to apply for an Internship at Flipkart.
- Through a referral: Having a referral is the easiest way to get invited for an interview at Flipkart. If you know someone who works at Flipkart, ask them to provide you a referral. You can even find some employees through LinkedIn for this.
- Mailing the HR executive: Find a previous/current Flipkart employee/intern and ask her to provide you the e-mail address of the HR. Mail the HR directly, clearly stating your purpose, with a strong cover letter and resume.
- Online application: Applying online through Flipkart’s career website.
- Campus Recruitment: Flipkart visits a few selected colleges for recruiting interns.
What after your Flipkart application has been placed?
When filtering prospective applicants Flipkart’s recruiting committee is exceptionally cautious. The method varies based on the internship’s profile, but in general, it consists of three rounds: an online examination and an HR round.
Flipkart performs a coding exam in 90 minutes for professional profiles where candidates are tested in terms of programming skills. During the test, it’s beneficial to understand basic data structures such as hashing, binary tree, queues, and stacks.
For non-technical profiles, they conduct an aptitude test or a group discussion, wherein you’ll be given topics related to general awareness such as ‘Is social media good or bad?’, ‘Is India ready to be a cashless economy?’, and ‘Discuss the problems of e-commerce in tier 2 and tier 3 areas’.
Interview rounds –
Technical internships: Following are a few Flipkart interview questions posed during the technical round –
1. Check whether the given binary tree is a binary search tree. Discuss various approaches.
2. Which is the fastest method to sort an almost sorted array?
3. What is a hash table? Explain how the hash functions and buckets work.
4. In the given array of integers, find Pythagorean triplets.
5. Compute the nearest palindrome number of the given number.
Non-technical internships: Generally, they ask guesstimate and real-time questions during this round. Few sample questions are –
1. What is the weight of an aircraft?
2. How many windows are there in Chicago?
3. How many vehicles are there on the Chennai roads between 5 and 6 p.m.?
4. Do you think e-commerce would flourish in India?
5. What are the factors that should be taken into consideration if you want to set up a grocery shop?
6. Provide some solutions to reduce shipping costs to remote pin codes.
HR round –
Few sample questions are –
1. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
2. Why did you apply for a Flipkart internship?
3. How will you contribute to Flipkart?
4. What challenges did you face in your previous stint(s) and how did you tackle them?
You can check out this video for more Flipkart interview questions.
What do you foresee when your Flipkart internship begins?
The Flipkart interns or Flinterns are taken to a hotel for two weeks from the airport before their lodging can be provided for themselves. The day of advice is planned to make all Flintern feel at home. The students take part in a friendly activity and obtain a nice bag and a T-Shirt Flipkart.
Flipkart has an informal culture of non-hierarchy. A trainer and a buddy are assigned to each Flintern to teach him his ropes. This strategy not only helps workers to get a thorough knowledge of the operation but also imbues the company’s culture.
How to get an internship in Flipkart India?