EPFO: How to check EPF balance? These are 4 very easy ways
It is now very easy to check your EPF balance. You can check the balance of your PF account from home via SMS, missed call, online, or Umang app. Employee Provident Fund Organization has tweeted these simple methods. Here we are telling you in detail how you can easily check your EPF balance.
Balance can be checked through SMS
- If your UAN number is registered with EPFO, then the information about the balance of your PF will be received through the message. For this, you need to send EPFOHO UAN ENG (the last three letters are for the language.) To 7738299899. Your PF information will be received through the message.
- If you need information in the Hindi language then you have to send EPFOHO UAN HIN. This service of knowing PF balance is available in English, Punjabi, Marathi, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Bengali. For PF balance it is necessary that your UAN is linked to your bank account, PAN, and Aadhaar (AADHAR).
- You can check the balance on your passbook on the EPFO website. To view the passbook, it is necessary to have a UN number.
Know balance through missed call
Make a missed call from your registered mobile number on 011-22901406. After this, PF details will be received through the message of EPFO. It is also necessary to have your UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar link here.
PF balance can be checked online
- Log on to the EPFO website. Click on e-passbook at epfindia.gov.in
- On clicking on the e-passbook, a new page will come to passbook.epfindia.gov.in.
- Here you have to fill in your username (UAN number), password, and captcha.
- After filling in all the details will come to a new page and the member ID will have to be selected here.
- Here you will get your EPF balance on the e-passbook.
Balance can also be checked on the Umang app
- Open your Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance and click on EPFO.
- You have to click on employee-centric services on another page.
- Click on view passbook here. Fill in your UAN number and password (OTP) number. OTP will come to your registered mobile number. After this, you can check your PF balance.