DBT: Biotech Industrial Training Programme (BITP) – Eligibility, Apply & last date
Ministry of Science and Technology Biotechnology Department, Govt. BITP 2020.21 Under DBT Skill Vigyan, India Industrial Training Program (BITP).
Designation/Position- DBT-BITP 2020-21
In 1993/94 the Biotech Industrial Training program was introduced to provide fresh M.Sc./M.Tech biotechnology students with six months of industrial training. The B.E./B.Tech biotechnology program was expanded to 2007 students. The Biotech Consortium India Ltd., New Delhi, coordinates the program. BITP provides Biotech students with advanced training for skills creation and career opportunities in R&D, Quality Management and Research, Engineering & Manufacturing, Marketing / Regulation & IPR biotech industries.
The program is 25 years old and is increasingly popular with students. The online screening process and the interview by an expert committee consisting of academic and industry members is comprehensive. There is an ongoing positioning available for around 25-30 percent of students educated under this program. BITD 2020-21 DBT
Qualification / Eligibility
The DBT has funded post-graduate programs in the areas BI./B.Tech./M.Sc./M.Tech./MBA Biotechnology / Bioinformatics and students admitted to the DBT.
Also eligible for application are the candidates applied for at the final semester/year test.
The graduation should include an Indian University recognized with at least 50 percent marks or equivalent in 2018/2019 or completed in 2020.
CERTIFICATION: The online evaluation of the Life Science Scope Development Board (LSSSDC) is required after completing the training. The “Apprenticeship Diploma” is awarded by LSSSDC under the National Qualifications System for Skills (NSQF).
- Applications are invited from bonafide Indian citizens residing in India for hands-on training in the industry.
- The program provides opportunities to students who have completed their education and intend to start their career in the industry to acquire practical skills and experience working on projects alongside industry experts as well as an opportunity for to industry to identify potential candidates for their human resource requirements.
- The training will be for a period of six months during which stipend will be paid to trainees and bench fees will be paid to companies to cover expenses towards training.
- Requisitions are invited from biotechnology & life sciences companies interested to provide hands-on training for six months.
- The companies will also have to pay a stipend to the trainees as per the apprenticeship norms in addition to the stipend paid by DBT.
How to Apply-
For filling “Requisition Form” please visit www.biotech.co.in. Companies also need to register on www.apprenticeshipindia.org. Life Science Sector Skill Development Council (LSSSDC) will help the companies in registering on the apprenticeship India portal. Trainees would be provided to companies subject to availability.
MODE OF APPLICATION: Students may apply online by visiting websites www.biotech.co.in. The details regarding filling of the form, payment of application fee, and uploading of documents are given on the website.
MODE OF SELECTION: Candidates will be selected through a computer-based test conducted in multiple cities/centers. Selection would be subject to meeting the eligibility criteria. Trainer company would be provided subject to availability.
APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON November 3, 2020 at 11:00 am AND CLOSE ON December 3, 2020 at 05:00 pm
For Contact- In case of any query, please send email to email@example.com