Biohazard Technician | St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Bio-hazard Technician for our cleanup support. This individual will need to be able to handle different situations as well as physical demands associated with the bio-hazard role and the needs of our patients and families.
- Collects, transports, and stores bio-hazardous waste
- Achieves and sustains a basic working knowledge of standards, guidelines, and regulations pertaining to the management of bio-hazardous waste
- Cleans and maintains equipment used for collection and transportation of bio-hazardous waste
- Maintains in good condition any personal protective equipment deemed appropriate for use through job hazard assessments
- May perform the duties of the Environmental Services Attendants as needed or directed. Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of the department and institution.
- High school diploma/GED required. Associate degree in biology or chemistry preferred
Experience in a related healthcare environment with knowledge and/or training in biohazardous and/or hazardous waste management preferred
No Search Firms:
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.