LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp’s cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp’s 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences, and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance as a Data Scientist Apprentice in Leeds. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully-tailored training program, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help individuals prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
You’ll study the collection of methods, tools and knowledge used to collect, analyses and interpret data and to tell the story behind the numbers. Face the future with a breadth of career opportunities and specialist knowledge in understanding data and models, their scope and limitations, and the ability to design, question and communicate these to a wide range of audiences. You will learn cutting-edge Bayesian model selection and evaluation techniques, and mathematical and computational techniques for working with big data through databases, efficient algorithms, complex systems, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Responsible for the production of data tables, figures and listings (TFLs) to the required specification for clinical, PK and PD reports. This involves production of programs in SAS, to meet client specifications
- Reconcile electronic data with CRF data by producing SAS programs
- Use SAS to create industry standard SDTM and analysis datasets.
- Ensure that TFLs are produced in a timely and accurate manner and are in accordance with defined standards.
- Liaise with Medical Writers, Data Managers, Pharmacokineticists, Biostatisticians and other members of staff with regard to table and graph specifications/requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is completed on work produced e.g. QC records, Index document.
- Good time management and organization skills, the ability to prioritize own work to meet tight deadlines while maintaining the highest standards of work.
- Effective communication skills; a co-operative and team orientated approach.
What you’ll receive:
- A Degree Apprenticeship in Data Science over 36 months
- A chance to work with industry experts,
- A chance to put theoretical skills in to practice and make a real impact in a global business,
- A chance to Act as an Ambassador across Yorkshire for Apprenticeships
- A generous benefits and holiday package
- A salary of £16,500 in your first year rising progressively as you progress based on performance
- A level Maths and 2 other subjects for example, a science or computer based subject
- Great attention to detail
- A passion for data
- Programming experience preferred, but not essential
3 ‘A’ Levels including one in either a mathematical or scientific subject
Programming experience a plus but not required