Senior Data Scientist In London For A Startup
163;65,000 – £75,000
This is an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist to join a marketplace start-up!
This Marketplace, product-focused business have just gone through a funding round so they are growing massively over the next year! They have a really exciting product, with their mission being to get people more active.
As a Senior Data Scientist you’ll be joining three other Data Scientists in the business and reporting into the Director of Analytics;
they employ people from the top Tech companies so you’ll be learning from the best. It’ a really collaborative working environment so they need someone who is comfortable communicating with designers, engineers and product managers.
If you’re impact driven and come from a marketplace environment this could be a really exciting next step to have ownership over this area of the business!
As the Senior Data Scientist for the business you will :
- You will understand business requirements from both a demand and supply perspective
- You will identify the best metrics to determine success and improve the way they measure themselves as a marketplace business using statistical and regression techniques (R / Python)
- You will be liaising with the wider product managers working alongside the designer, and engineers for a specific product to help improve the product and suggest new products
- You will present your insights back to non-technical stakeholders
- You will have a lot of input in product decision-making and strategy
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors / Masters / PhD in a numerical field is essential
- Experience working in a marketplace company is essential
- Experience working in a start-up environment is beneficial
- Commercial experience as a Data Scientist focusing on inference is essential
- Statistical and regression modelling techniques
- Tech : Python / R / SQL
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Basic salary £65,000 – £75,000
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest in this role by sending your CV to Rosie O’Callaghan via the apply link on this page
Please note that our client is currently running a fully remote interview process and able to onboard and hire remotely as well.
This role is intended to be home working for the duration of the pandemic.
To apply for this job please visit uk.talent.com.