WhatsApp: How To Delete Your Whatsapp Account And Download All The Data From Your Device?
You just need to follow a few steps to uninstall your WhatsApp account and collect all info.
If you plan to turn to other messaging applications for privacy purposes, you might be wondering how you can uninstall and collect all the data from your WhatsApp account. Don’t worry, we got it covered for you!
You just have to follow some steps to uninstall your WhatsApp account and collect all the info. You may need to wait a couple of days for data collection, as the company requires time to give you the report. You can also export all chats and media manually. Please read on to learn more.
How To Delete or Disable Your WhatsApp Account On Android?
- Open WhatsApp first and press the three-pointed icon on the top right corner.
- Tap Settings, visit Account, and tap the Delete my account option.
- Enter your mobile number and tap Delete My Account.
- You will be prompted to pick a justification to withdraw your account from the dropdown.
- Tap Delete my account.
How to delete or disable your WhatsApp on iOS?
- Just go into Settings > Account > Delete My Account and open WhatsApp on your iOS mobile.
- Enter your phone and tap Delete My Account.
What if you delete your WhatsApp account?
The company claims that you will not be able to regain access to it when you uninstall your WhatsApp account and that you will have to build a new account. The service takes up to 90 days to uninstall details from WhatsApp.
WhatsApp reports, “Copies can also remain in the backup storage after 90 days to be retrieved in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. During this time, your information is not available on WhatsApp. Copies of such materials such as log records are not connected to personal identifiers but will remain in our archive.”
How to know what data WhatsApp has?
WhatsApp enables you to send a request for data collection so that you can see all of the data obtained by WhatsApp after you entered the network. You will get a connection to download your data when you submit the request. This process takes three days or more to compile all your WhatsApp data in some cases. Make sure that you use the new version of the message program.
- Open WhatsApp and go to your settings screen.
- Go to section ‘Content’ and tap the choice ‘Request Details Account.’
- Press the ‘Request’ button again, and your request will then be forwarded to the company.
When your report is ready, the platform will send you a message telling you about it. Now you have to follow the same steps to access the report. You can find the report in the ‘Request Account Data’ section, which you can download. After you press the download button, you can download a zip file with your report to your smartphone. You must extract the file and then verify what all WhatsApp data has.
How do you download WhatsApp chats and media manually?
You can do this very quickly if you only want to export some personal chats.
- Just open the person chat and press the three-point button.
- Tap More now and pick Chat Export.
- Here, you are asked if you want to include even your friend’s files, images, videos, and other media.
- When you tap ‘Include media,’ you can then export chat to Google Drive, Gmail, or any other program.