Use Zapier: How To Configure Zoom on Zapier?
You create simple automation with Zapier called Zaps, which work in the background and automate your work. For instance, you can build a Zap that automatically subscribes to the MailChimp list with new Zoom Webinar Registrants. Or build a Zap that registers a zoom webinar contact when you complete a form or complete a PayPal purchase.
Each Zap has a trigger application that starts automation and triggers an action in another application. Zapier is the connection between these apps and enables you to attach and automate your business tools.
This article deals with:
- Pro, Business, Education, Enterprise or API plan
- Zapier account
Triggers with Zoom
Triggers mean that when something occurs in Zoom, Zapier causes an action in another app.
Available Triggers with Zoom:
- When a meeting is created
- When a webinar is created
- When a participant registers for a webinar
Actions with Zoom
Actions mean that when something occurs in another app, Zapier causes an action in Zoom.
Available Actions with Zoom:
- Create a meeting
- Create a webinar
- Register a participant for a one-time webinar
Configuring Zoom and Zapier
The following will go over a quick example of how to configure Zoom on Zapier.
- If you have not already done so, sign up for Zapier.
- Sign in to Zapier and select Make A-Zap.
- After selecting Make A Zap, you will be prompted to select a trigger.
- When you add Zoom as either the trigger or action, you will need to connect your Zoom account.
- Selecting Connect a Zoom Account will prompt you to enter the Zoom API Key and Secret for Zapier. This is a different API Key and Secret than the one you use for other integrations.
The Zapier API Key and Secret is under the Integration Authentication section under the My Meeting Settings section of Zoom.
Note: The Key and Secret here have been blocked out for security purposes. Your Key and Secret will not be obscured.
- Press test to confirm it’s working correctly.
- If entered correctly, the following message will appear.
- Follow the steps to finish creating your Zap and test your Zap.
- Once testing is completed, you can turn on your newly created Zap
- On your Integrations page in Zoom, you can see any events with Zapier by clicking on View Configuration.
Popular Zaps Using Zoom
How to Use Zapier to Register Webinar Attendees
You can use Zapier to automatically register participants for a webinar when they sign up via another app, like a form or an email list. For example, if you’re collecting sign-ups for a webinar via a form or a calendar invite, you can build automation (a Zap) that watches for new signups in your form and registers that contact for a webinar automatically. That way, you don’t have to manually add webinar registrants by hand.
Here are some of the ways Zoom users are automating their webinar workflows with Zapier.