How to remove a Google Account from any phone?
The overload of knowledge can nowadays happen too fast – and sometimes you just need to streamline stuff to achieve peace of mind. It may be helpful to delete a Google account from your phone be it an Android or an Apple. But before we do it, it is necessary to know what it means and what the consequences are.
To begin with, deleting an account is not the same as deleting it. The removal of a Google account from an Android or iPhone system simply removes access from the user and can subsequently be restored. Any information stored on that computer via the account will be lost. This includes emails, contacts, and settings.
It’s also a good idea to back up your phone before you delete an Android or iPhone account.
Here’s how people with an Android or iOS smartphone can delete/remove their Google account from the devices:
How to remove a Google Account from an Android Phone?
Android phone users can easily delete their device from a given account. Here’s the way:
1. Open your phone settings.
2. Tap on “Accounts” (it may also be listed as “Users and Accounts,” depending on your device).
3. Tap the desired account you want to remove and then click “Remove Account.”
Tap “Remove account.”
If you’re trying to delete your Google account from your Android device, you’ll also need to enter the pattern, password, or pin on your device to do so. Removal of all your accounts also means that you will not have Google Play Store access.
And note that settings will differ from device to device, so you can need to dig a little bit to get to the right screens. But it should still be a fast and simple process once you have done so.
How to remove a Google Account from an iPhone?
How your account is removed from an iOS device depends on how you use it (via the Gmail app, Safari app, or Mail app, for instance).
If you use the Gmail app, here’s how to remove your Google account:
1. Open the Gmail app.
2. Select the menu (three stacked lines), then select “Manage Accounts” followed by “Edit.”
3. Tap “Remove” next to the account you want gone, and confirm your choice.
4. Select “Done” on the top left. For those who access their Google account through the Safari app, here’s how to remove your account from your iOS device:
- Open the Safari app.
- Go to google.com.
- Tap your profile icon in the top right corner and then tap “Sign out” (if you aren’t already).
- Tap “Sign in,” and then tap “Sign in with a different account.”
- Tap “Remove,” select the account you want to remove from the device and select “Done.”
If you’ve added your Google account to your device’s settings for use with the iPhone’s native Mail app, here’s how to remove that account:
- Open your Settings app.
- Scroll down to the “Passwords & Accounts” section and open it.
- You’ll see a list of all the accounts, both Google and non-Google, that you’ve added to your device.
- Tap on the one you want to delete.
5. This will bring you to a page of options. Tap “Delete account” at the bottom of the page, and then “Delete from My iPhone” in the warning that appears.
Tap “Delete Account.”
Please also be aware that you will automatically be logged out of your Google accounts on this device if you wish to uninstall all Google accounts from your iOS device.