How to Recover Recently Deleted Posts on Instagram?
If you delete any Instagram posts unintentionally, you have a way to restore them now.
Instagram has launched a newly-deleted function that will allow you to access and retrieve deleted posts within the application. The company also claims it has extra security to deter hackers from hacks and the deletion of posts you upload. The feature is being slowly roll-out to both Android and iPhones, so not everyone can yet access this feature.
Until now, you could not restore deleted Instagram messages, but now the contents from the recently deleted folder can be deleted or restored. All images, videos, reels, IGTV videos, and stories from your feed are now being transferred into the recently deleted folder so that you can later access the deleted content.
It is relevant here to remember that deleted Instagram stories which are not present in your archive will be kept up to 24 hours in the folder and everything else will be deleted automatically 30 days later.
Instagram: How to Restore Deleted Posts
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore your deleted Instagram posts.
- Install the latest version of Instagram from Google Play or App Store.
- Open the app and go to your Profile.
- Tap the hamburger menu at the top-right corner and head to Settings.
- Go to Account and tap the new Recently Deleted.
- Your recently deleted content will be displayed on the screen.
- Now tap the post you would like to recover, and then tap the three dots icon at the top.
- Now you can either choose to permanently delete the post or recover it. Tap Restore to recover your deleted post.
- While restoring, you will first have to verify that it’s you for security reasons. You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your phone number or email ID.
- Now enter the code and tap Confirm.
- Your deleted Instagram post will be recovered.