How To Cancel Your Membership of Amazon Prime In India?
The cancellation of an Amazon Prime subscription is easy and takes just a few steps. Amazon gives Prime members a range of privileges. These include free delivery of one and 2 days, early access to frequent sales events and lighting deals and no necessity of minimum order for free standard deliveries.
Amazon Prime customers also get access to other services offered by Amazon Prime. These include primary music, primary video and the first reading from Amazon. Amazon now offers Prime members deliveries for eligible addresses on the same day.
That said, there can be good reasons for cancelling your Amazon Prime subscription. The main reason is the price available for Prime membership. It costs Amazon consumers in India Rs. 329 for three months or Rs. 999 a year. Although membership is cheaper compared to Prime membership in the United States, where Amazon Prime is paid at a monthly charge of $12.99 (about Rs. 960) or $119 annually (about Rs. 8.760), it may make little sense to continue.
It is worth noting that if you decide to cancel your Amazon subscription in India, it will last for the duration you have already paid for — that is, if you pay for yearly membership after cancellation, it will remain until the conclusion of the one-year term starting from the date you signed up.
Likewise, if you have chosen to participate on a quarterly basis, this will continue until the end of the three months from the day you sign up. Thus, any cancellation of a subscription prevents auto-renewal. However, Amazon’s customer service team can be reached via its app or its website to immediately request the cancellation of the Prime subscription – forfeiting the remaining membership period.
You can end your Prime membership on your computer or on your smartphone at any time by visiting the Amazon website. This is how you can achieve it.
How to terminate your subscription on Amazon Prime?
Below are the procedures to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription. These methods are used to terminate the subscription via the Amazon website. However, you can go to the following step to see how you can cancel the Amazon Prime subscription from your app.
- Visit Amazon.in website and sign in with your account.
- Click on the hamburger menu button from the top-left side and select Your Account.
- Now, hit the Prime option.
- Click on the Manage Membership link. A drop-down list will appear. Select Manage Membership.
- Hit the End membership option.
- Amazon will now show a screen to highlight how much you have saved in delivery fees since you have joined the membership. Click Continue to Cancel there.
- You will now see a screen showing the End on [expiry date of your Prime membership] button. This will essentially end your Prime membership once it reaches the renewal date.
You can also get a reminder three days before your Prime membership renews by hitting the Remind me later button.
For the first 3 days of Prime Membership, Amazon also displays the Stop Now Button to allow users to end their subscription immediately – if they are not satisfied with the service. In this situation, if clients use any of the bundled services such as Prime Video or Prime Music the company will reimburse the complete membership or remainder of the membership. The reimbursement is delivered via a credit note.
How to terminate your membership of Amazon Prime via the app?
You can use the app on your smartphone to follow the steps below to finish your Amazon Prime subscription.
- Go to the Amazon app on your phone.
- Tap the hamburger menu button from the bottom-right side.
- Now, tap Prime.
- Select the Manage My Membership next to the Prime title.
- Tap the Manage membership drop-down menu and then select the Manage Membership option.
- Hit End membership.
- Scroll down on the screen showing how much delivery fee you have saved since you have joined the membership.
- Tap Continue to Cancel and then the End on [expiry date of your Prime membership] button.
It is important to note that once you’ve cancelled your Prime membership, you will no longer be able to receive any Prime exclusive offers and services such as Prime Video and Prime Music.