How to apply for a voter ID online before Elections?
Election Commission of India provided an online voting ID application facility that allows voters to bypass the troubles of going to offices.
Starting March 27, voters will vote on who will run their respective governments for the next five years in four states and on one union territory – Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, and Puducherry.
Many of the 18 crore voters who use their right to vote are probably new voters. For them, the ECI has given them the opportunity to apply for an online voter ID so that they can bypass the trouble of going to offices.
Here’s how to apply for an online voter ID:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Identity proof: Birth certificate/Passport/driving license/PAN card
- Address proof: Ration card/Passport/DL/utility bill
The process of application:
- Go to the website of the Election Commission of India
- Choose Form 6 for Application for inclusion of name in Electoral Roll
- In the NSVP, choose the option to register for a new elector.
- Choose the appropriate state and Assembly constituency.
- Fill in personal details as required in the form.
- Provide a scanned copy of a photograph, identity proof, and address proof.
- Provide declaration details and hit ‘submit.
Upon submitting the application, the applicant will receive an email with a link that allows them to track the progress of their voter ID application.