Aadhaar Card: How to Update Address Online?
The UIDAI made it possible for people of India to change their current address even though they have no documents to prove their address. According to UIDAI, this can be accomplished by sending an email confirmation letter using an address validator who may be a family member, an acquaintance, or a household owner who gives you permission to use the address.
You can update your address only if you meet certain conditions including residents and mobile numbers of the address-checker are connected to their Aadhaar number, the resident and the address-checker must be checked via OTP and the address-checker must be permitted to be used in the address database. Follow the steps below to update your current house address on the Aadhaar database.
Procedure to update new house address in Aadhaar online?
- Visit https://uidai.gov.in/ and under the ‘My Aadhaar’ menu click on ‘Address Validation Letter’
- Now you will be redirected to the request for Address Validation Letter page where you need to enter either your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16-digit Virtual ID.
- Now enter the Captcha Code and click on ‘Send OTP’ for authentication purposes.
- Now enter the 6 digit-OTP or 8-digit TOTP sent to your registered mobile number and click on ‘Login’
- Now enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number of Address Verifier. On his or her registered mobile number your verifier will receive an SMS with a link to agree to the update. The verifier will get another SMS for OTP verification upon clicking on the link.
- Enter the OTP sent on the registered mobile number and captcha code for authentication.
- You will receive a Service Request Number (SRN) via SMS once it has been validated.
- Log in with ‘SRN’, preview address, edit (if any), accept the declaration, and click on ‘Submit’.
- Now edit your address as per your local language and click on ‘Save’
- Now again accept the declaration and click on ‘Submit’
- The ‘Address Validation Letter’ with the ‘Secret Code’ will be delivered to the verifier’s address through post.
- To update your address, go back to the ‘SSUP’ (UIDAI) website and click the ‘Proceed to Update Address’ button.
- Now select the ‘Update Address via Secret Code’ option upon successful login. The ‘Secret Code’ must be entered. After that, go forward and preview the latest address before clicking the ‘Submit’ icon.
Procedure to check the status of the Aadhaar address without documents?
- By following the steps covered below you can verify Aadhaar Address Update Status without submitting any documents:
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus and enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number.
- Now enter URN or SRN on the required field and enter the captcha code.
- Now click on the ‘Check Status’ option and the status of your Aadhaar Card address update will be displayed on your device screen.
Facts to consider while updating the new house address on Aadhaar without documents
- The complete procedure includes the applicant’s application, the verifier’s authorization, the applicant’s final request, and the use of a secret code.
- You can change your address on your Aadhaar Card countless times, but it must be the same address as to where you are presently residing.
- The Service Request Number (SRN) is issued when you submit an Aadhaar Address Update request via the validation letter, and the Update Request Number (URN) is a 14-digit number that you receive after successfully completing the online address update procedure and is sent to your mobile number through SMS.
- You will receive a confirmation letter with a confidential code at the verifier’s address.
- Your new Aadhaar letter will be sent to the updated address, or you can access it from https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/ Aadhaar Card requires both your and your verifier’s mobile number to be recorded or registered.
- Because the name of the verifier is pre-filled under the c/o field, you won’t be allowed to change it. Within 30 working days of submitting the request, you will receive the letter.