Roblox: How To Change Your Display Name on Roblox?
We have a lot of exciting news to share for every Roblox fan out there, as the choice to change your display name seems to return! Although this was introduced in the game a while ago, it was almost instantly removed immediately after it was taken out of use by some individuals.
The developers were silent, but now we can formally update our display names once again. It is officially announced. Read more below for more information.
How to change the Roblox display name?
In February 2021 a long-awaited function finally became a reality, but there were, as we said, players who treated the display name wrongly. That said, over the last few days, several players have stated that they began seeing this option returned to Roblox.
Although these were random claims and speculation, in February the team continued to update its original post to confirm that this was indeed the case. Here is the latest comment, officially published in the same article by the developers:
April 14 Update: We have started another restricted feature test roll-out. As mentioned above, we will update this thread once the function is ready for everyone. Thank you!
As regards how your display name will actually be configured and modified, here is what you need to do:
Also Read: How to fix error code 529 in Roblox?
- Set your Display Name by navigating to your account details page.
- Updating your Display Name will not cost any Robux, and will be available to all users.
- Display Names will still need to be verified by our filters.
- If you choose not to set a Display Name, it will default to match your username.
- Currently, you are limited to changing Display Names once every 7 days.
- The length of your Display Name must be between 3-20 characters.
How do I change the username?
- Log into your account
(If you can’t log in, try these steps for recovering your password.)
- Go to Account Settings
- Browser – find the gear icon located at the upper-right corner of the site
- Mobile Apps – find the three dots icon for More
- Select the Account Info tab
- Select the Change Username button (icon looks like a pencil and paper)
- Enter your new username
- Enter your current Roblox password
- Select the Buy button
You can now sign in with the new username and current password.
In general, you need to visit your account page and enter a Display Name from there. If you want to change it, simply click on your name and account to follow the instructions found on the same tab.
If nothing is modified before this update is released, you can set up a Display Name in Roblox and modify it.
Hopefully, the latest function is here to stay this time.