Top Science Junior Colleges in Mumbai for 11th and 12th
As the results are up and students in Mumbai have already started to look for best science colleges around their location. Although an increase in the number of 90 per cent and above scorers across all boards would drive the admission cut-offs for self-financing courses, this year, 11th & 12th students are also likely to be at a disadvantage in top-rung colleges.
So in this article today, we are listing Top Science Junior Colleges in Mumbai, Choose wisely:
1. St. Xavier’s College
About: St. Xavier ‘s College, Mumbai, is affiliated with the University of Mumbai, with undergraduate and postgraduate programs in arts, science, trade and administration. Xavier’s was Mumbai University’s first college to be granted autonomy in 2010.
St. Xavier’s Junior College, has the following Educational Programmes:
(11.20 a.m. to 4.50 p.m.) (8.00 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.)
SEAT DISTRIBUTION IN JUNIOR COLLEGE
|Reservation||Minority (Christians)||50 %|
|Art and Culture||2%|
- Admission to the F.Y.J.C. will be as per the online system introduced by the Government of Maharashtra / Dy. Director of Education, Greater Mumbai. Hence students are expected to visit the site. http://mumbai.11thadmission.net and apply online.
- Students could submit in person an attested copy of the Baptism Certificate or the School Leaving Certificate showing their religion to the college office or upload the above documents to the online application form.
- The schedule will be announced on the college website, after the S.S.C. results. Students offered admission are required to fill in the college admission form on the day of the merit list.
- Admissions to Std. XII for outside students is held in the first week of May, subject to availability of seats in the respective classes.
- In the Junior College (+ 2 course) the following subjects offered are shown in the following tables:
|English||Hindi / French / I.T. (any one) Biology / Geology / Economics (any one)|
|Environment Education (EVE)|
Optional subjects will be granted on the basis of merit and availability of seats. An offer will be made at the personal interview with the Vice Principal / Interview Panel.
|F.Y.J.C.||Rs 350||Rs 520|
|S.Y.J.C.||Rs 358||Rs 528|
|Note: 1) In F.Y.J.C., students who take I.T. will have to pay an addition fee of Rs 4500|
|2) In S.Y.J.C., students who take I.T. will have to pay an addition fee of Rs 5000|
- FREESHIP ONLY FOR GIRLS (Studying in Junior College): Girl students whose parents are residents of Maharashtra State, for not less than 15 years, and are not the fourth or subsequent child in the family and who wish to apply for free education, should submit the prescribed declaration form and a photocopy of the first and the last page of their ration card, immediately on admission being offered.
- Girl students, eligible for the above FREESHIP, are required to pay the Library and Laboratory Deposits only mentioned below.
|F.Y.J.C.||Rs 50||Rs 150|
|S.Y.J.C.||Rs 50||Rs 150|
(For candidates coming from I.C.S.E., C.B.S.E., Other Boards / States and Foreign Boards):
On admission being offered to the candidate in the F.Y.J.C. (Std. XI) or S.Y.J.C. (Std. XII class), he/she is required to submit the following:
- A duly filled Application Form for Provisional Eligibility. The form is available at the H.S.C. Board Office. Address:
The Divisional Secretary,
Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher
Mumbai Divisional Board,
Plot No. 27 & 28, Sector 16-A,
Vashi, New Mumbai – 400 703
- A photograph affixed and attested.
- An attested copy of the Marksheet of the last examination passed.
- An attested copy of Passing Certificate of the last examination passed.
- Original Migration Certificate.
- Students passing ICSE / CBSE / OTHER BOARDS are additionally required to submit the following:
- Original and an attested photocopy of School Leaving Certificate countersigned by the respective Educational Inspector / Education Officer before securing admission to F.Y.J.C.
- The ‘DEED OF UNDERTAKING’ on stamped paper of Rs.100 signed by the candidate and parent/guardian. (The draft copy is available with the Application Form).
- Candidates passing Class X CBSE are required to submit the Board Examination Hall Ticket.
NOTE: Admission to the Junior College (Std. XI or Std. XII) will be granted only on submission of the above.
CRITIERIA FOR GRANTING TERMS AND FOR PROMOTION
Students of F.Y.J.C. (Arts and Science) will not be promoted to S.Y.J.C. unless they fulfil the following conditions:
- Attend at least 75% of the lectures, practicals and tutorials in each term. If they do not fulfil this requirement, they will not be allowed to attempt the XI final exam.
- Get their journals (in whichever subject Practicals are held) certified by the concerned teacher.
- Secure a minimum of 35 % on the average marks of the 1st and 2nd Exams together with the Unit Tests in each subject.
- Students who cannot attempt the 1st or 2nd term exams on medical grounds or for genuine reasons which have been accepted by the Principal / Vice-Principal will have to appear for the Supplementary Exams.
- The date and timings of the Supplementary Exams will be announced on the Junior College Notice Board.
- No Supplementary Exams will be held for Std. XII Students.
- No Supplementary Unit Tests will be held for St XI Students.
Link: St. Xavier’s
2. Ramnarain Ruia College (RUIA COLLEGE), Mumbai
About: The Ramnarain Ruia Autonomous College is affiliated with Mumbai University, in Matunga, Mumbai, India. It is the best college of science in Mumbai and was established in June 1937. In 2017 Ramnarain Ruia College received autonomy from the University of Mumbai.
RUIA COLLEGE Mumbai is a 5 stream college offering 35 different courses including Science, Arts, Administration, Engineering, Media and Mass Communication, Trades and Banking and 6 grades such as BA, BSc, BMM, B.Com and BBM. Campus services, for instance, Learning Area, Auditorium, Canteen, Computer Lab, Bibliothèque, Cls. There are also quarters, places, sports, residential institutes.
Guidelines for Online Application Process Junior College: Academic Year 2020-2021
Note: – Please keep your scanned Passport size Photograph, and signature ready for upload.
Do Not Upload Selfies in Photo
For any support contact via email: [email protected]
Link: Ruia College
3. Jai Hind College (JHC), Mumbai
About: Jai Hind College is an autonomous college in Mumbai, India, affiliated to the University of Mumbai. It is amongst the most highly reputed colleges in the country. It was established in 1948. In 2000, India Today named Jai Hind College as one of the best and most sought-after colleges in Mumbai city.
Jai Hind College is situated in Mumbai in the Maharashtra state of India. Established in 1948, it is accredited from NAAC, AICTE and it is affiliated to University of Mumbai. JHC, Mumbai offers 27 courses across 7 streams namely Arts, Commerce and Banking, Science, Management, Media and Mass Communication, IT, Hotel Management and across 7 degrees like BSc, BA, B.Com, B.Voc, BMM.
Hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Academic Zone, Auditorium, Canteen, Computer Lab, Gym, Library, Medical Facilities, Cls. Room, Music, Placement
Link: Jai Hind College
4. Guru Nanak College of Arts, Science and Commerce (GNCASC), Mumbai
About: Guru Nanak College of Arts, Science and Commerce is situated in Mumbai in Maharashtra state of India. Established in 1989, it is accredited from UGC and it is affiliated to University of Mumbai. GNCASC, Mumbai offers 38 courses across 9 streams namely Arts, Science, Commerce and Banking, IT, Media and Mass Communication, Management, Vocational, Law, Agriculture and across 10 degrees like B.Com, BSc, BMS, BMM, BA.
The hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Auditorium, Computer Lab, Counselling, Library, Cls. Room, Sports, WiFi, Cafeteria, Laboratories, Scholarship are also there.
F.Y. ADMISSION 2020-21
|GURU NANAK COLLEGE ADMISSION NOTICES & LINKS||UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI ADMISSION NOTICES & LINKS|
|ADMISSION NOTICE 2020-21 (ALL FIRST YEAR CLASSES)||ONLINE PRE-ADMISSION PROCESS GUIDELINES FOR F.Y CLASSES (DEGREE COLLEGE)|
|STEPS TO FILL FIRST YEAR ONLINE ADMISSION FORM||UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION 2020-21|
|E-PROSPECTUS 2020-21||ADMISSION SCHEDULE 2020-21 – UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI|
|COLLEGE ONLINE APPLICATION LINK|
|VIDEO TUTORIAL OF THE ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS|
|CONTACT DETAILS OF ADMISSION COMMITTEE – F.Y. CLASSES|
|FIRST YEAR ADMISSION NOTICE FOR MINORITY (PUNJABI SPEAKING) AND IN-HOUSE STUDENTS|
|UNDERTAKING FOR MINORITY (PUNJABI SPEAKING) STUDENTS|
|UNDERTAKING FOR IN-HOUSE STUDENTS|
5. Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics (MCACISACCE), Mumbai
About: Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics is situated in Mumbai in Maharashtra state of India. Established in 1961, it is accredited from UGC, NAAC and it is affiliated to University of Mumbai.
MCACISACCE, Mumbai offers 45 courses across 7 streams namely Arts, Media and Mass Communication, Commerce and Banking, Science, Vocational, Law, Management and across 10 degrees like BSc, B.Com, BA, BMS, BMM.Hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Academic Zone, Auditorium, Canteen, Gymkhana, Library, Medical Facilities, Cls. Room, Placement, Residential Institute, Residential Zone are also there.
Admission to the XI std under the Gujarati Linguistic Minority Category and In house Category will be done by the Management of the College at the level of the Principal as per the schedule declared by the Deputy Director of Education Office.
An Online process for the admissions under the Gujarati Linguistic Minority and In house Category is conducted by the Management and the form can be filled and submitted as per schedule displayed on our website www.mithibai.ac.in.
For Students Seeking Admission Under the Open, Sports, Cultural Categories And Other Reservations, an Online Admission Process is conducted by the Deputy Director of Education Office and the students are admitted as per the list sent by the Deputy Director of Education Office.
Certificate and documents to be submitted in original and 2 attested true copies at the time of Admission along with the fees by all students
- Duly filled admission form (will be provided at the time of admission).
- Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination.
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Three window envelopes with postal stamps (Rs.30/-) affixed on it.
- Proof of local address for correspondence.
- 1 recent stamp size photograph
- Attested true copy of the relevant documents supporting the particular reservation (SPORTS, CULTURAL, Etc.) is also required.
In addition to the above requirements the students claiming admission under the Gujarati Linguistic Minority quota will have to submit
- Gujarati undertaking (Provided along with the admission form).
- An attested copy of one of the following documents can be provided as proof in case of any
- doubt, about the candidate belonging to the Gujarati Community.
- Mark Sheet/School Leaving Certificate indicating fathers’ or mothers’ study in Gujarati Medium.
- A stamped letter on the letterhead of the community Head or Secretary signed by the President.
- Vasti Patrak of the community where the name of the applicant appears along with his/her parent’s name.
Students applying under GUJARATI LINGUISTIC MINORITY must satisfy the following norms:
- SHOULD BE GUJARATI BY BIRTH AND SHOULD HAVE PASSED THE S.S.C. / EQUIVALENT EXAMINATION FROM MAHARASHTRA.
- Certificate from the Head of the Community / Trust/institution (Government recognised) confirming the claim OR Either of the parent can produce their 10th std. mark sheet indicating Gujarati as one of the subjects at the 10th std. OR Vasti Petrak.
- In Case if the student is not GUJARATI by birth but the mother of the applicant is Gujarati, the marriage certificate of the parent indicating the mother’s maiden name must be produced for verification.
Girl Students Claiming For Free Education
- Duly filled in declaration form given in the prospectus.
- Attested true copy of the first and the last page of the ration card which includes the name of the parent/guardian and the student. (Student should not be the fourth child)
- Attested true copy of Birth Certificate (Student should be born in Maharashtra)
- Parents service certificate indicating last 15 years stay in Maharashtra.
- Telephone Bills/Electricity bills/Rent receipt etc. which establishes authentically that the parent is a resident of Maharashtra state for the last 15 years.
If the above documents are not submitted at the time of admission the girl student will have to pay full fees in both XI and XII, which will not be refunded.
Documents Required For The Provisional Eligibility Certificate For Students Coming From Boards Other Than The Maharashtra State Board
- Application in the prescribed form which is obtained from the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Education, Mumbai, Divisional Board, Navi Mumbai, Vashi 400 703.
- Statement of Marks and 3 attested true copies of the same.
- Leaving Certificate (countersigned by the educational inspector) and 3 attested true copies of the same.
- Migration certificate.
- Deed of Undertaking on Rs. 20/- stamp paper. Specimen copy of the matter which is to be typed on stamp paper given in the prospectus.
- Submission and acceptance of the form do not mean any assurance of admission.
- Only one person will be allowed to enter the college premises for submission of the form.
- No admission form will be entertained either for submission or for admission unless all the particulars asked for in the admission form are properly filled in and the required number of documents and/or certificates are attached.
- Full name (in capital letters) Birth date, Birthplace, Nationality and Caste should be written exactly as mentioned in the school leaving certificate.
- Those students who do not secure admission by paying fees on the day, date and time specified will lose their claim for admission. No claim in this respect will be entertained later for any reason whatsoever.
- All admissions are provisional. They will be confirmed only after the verification of documents submitted.
- The Principal reserves the right to make necessary changes in the details of admission-procedure depending on the circumstances prevailing during the days of admission.
- Website details:- www.mithibai.ac.in
6. Rizvi College of Arts Science & Commerce, Mumbai
About: Rizvi College of Arts Science & Commerce is situated in Mumbai in Maharashtra state of India. Established in 1985, it is accredited from NAAC and it is affiliated to University of Mumbai.
RIZVI COLLEGE, Mumbai offers 12 courses across 7 streams namely IT, Hotel Management, Vocational, Commerce and Banking, Media and Mass Communication, Management, Science and across 9 degrees like BSc, BAF, BBI, BMS, BMM.
RIZVI COLLEGE campus is spread over 5 Acres. Hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Auditorium, Canteen, Computer Lab, Counselling, Theatre, Library, Medical Facilities, Cls. Room, Sports, Trans. are also there.
Registration For Admission: Link
7. Thakur College of Science & Commerce (TCSC), Mumbai
About: Thakur College of Science and Commerce is an educational institute located in Kandivali, Mumbai in the State of Maharashtra, India which was established by Thakur Educational Trust in the year 1992.
Junior Courses Admission
Admission & Eligibility – Junior College (Science)
Admission to First year in Junior college (FYJC – Std XI) is offered following the declaration of result of S.S.C. examination by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education. The admissions are given strictly as per the directions issued by the Department of Education, Govt. of Maharashtra from time to time.
The candidates who have passed the S.S.C. examination of Maharashtra Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education or an examination regarded as equivalent by the State Board are eligible for admission to F.Y.J.C. (Std XI) class.
The students who have passed the equivalent examination as mentioned above will have to produce a provisional eligibility certificate issued by the Divisional Secretary, Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Education, Sector no. 16, Vashi, Navi Mumbai- 400073.
The eligible candidates have to apply in the prescribed form made available after the declaration of S.S.C. result. The schedule of admission as prescribed by the Deputy Director (Education), Dept. of Education, Govt. of Maharashtra will be strictly followed. Students passing Std. X from CBSE and ICSE Boards will be considered at par with those who have passed the S.S.C. examination of the State Board.
Documents to be submitted along with Admission Form
- Statement of Marks 2 attested copies (Original to be shown at the time of admission).
- School Leaving Certificate 1 attested copy (Original to be shown at the time of admission).
- Caste Certificate, if you have one – 1 attested copy (Original to be shown at the time of admission).
Good Luck! Top Science Junior Colleges in Mumbai for 11th and 12th