GATE Biotechnology (BT): Top Tips to Prepare for the exam
In various engineering fields such as bioinformatics, biomedical engineering and biotechnology itself, biotechnology is covered. GATE 2021 Syllabus of biotechnology covers Maths, biotechnology, DNA science, etc.
The GATE BT curriculum was updated and more questions are added to the core curriculum.
The test will consist of sixty-five questions and a maximum of 100 marks will be earned from a applicant.
The average time to finish the paper is 3 hours. The engineering mathematics & general suitability are given 15 per cent weightage and the core curriculum is 70 per cent. See Patterns of Review of GATE 2021.
GATE Biotechnology Tips: We have listed some things here that will assist GATE biotechnology applicants in planning GATE exams. Tips on Biotechnology: You can read how to crack biotechnology in GATE on this page, There are a lot of tips to help students prepare for the GATE Biotechnology exam in this article. The following are the strategies that will produce positive results when followed:
Syllabus for GATE Biotechnology 2021
GATE 2021 Biotechnology Syllabus
GATE Biotechnology paper will have questions from topics:
Section 1 – Engineering Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Differential Equations
- Probability and Statistics
- Numerical Methods
Section 2 – General Biotechnology
Section 3 – Genetics, Cellular, and Molecular Biology
- Genetics and Evolutionary Biology
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
Section 4 – Fundamentals of Biological Engineering
- Engineering principles applied to biological systems
- Classical thermodynamics and Bioenergetics
- Trasnport Processes
Section 5 – Bioprocess Engineering and Process Biotechnology
- Bioreaction engineering
- Upstream and Downstream Processing
- Instrumentation and Process Control
Section 6 – Plant, Animal and Microbial Biotechnology
Section 7 – Recombinant DNA technology and Other Tools in Biotechnology
- Recombinant DNA technology
- Molecular tools
- Analytical tools
- Computational tools
Weightage of Sections/Topics
|Important Topics||Weightage (Marks)|
|Plant and Animal Biotechnology||15-20|
GATE 2021 Exam Pattern of Biotechnology (BT) Paper
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Type of questions: MCQs, MSQs, & NATs
- Total Sections: 3 sections i.e. General Aptitude, Mathematics, Subject-based
- Total questions: 65
- Total marks: 100 marks
- Negative marking: for MCQs only
|Section||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks||Types of questions|
|General Aptitude||5 questions of 1 mark each|
5 questions of 2 marks each
|Subject Paper (BT)||25 questions of 1 mark each|
30 questions of 2 marks each
|85 marks||MCQs and NATs|
|Type of question||Negative marking for the wrong answer|
|MCQ||1/3 for 1 mark questions|
2/3 for 2 marks questions
|NAT||No negative marking|
Eligibility for GATE Biotechnology Exam
Qualifying Degree – B.E /B.Tech
Applicant Type– An applicant who had completed B.E or B. Tech in Engineering and those who are in the final year of such programs with no backlog
Age- No limit
Tip 1: Know the Syllabus
Students must take the first step in obtaining the correct material. This move ensures that only those topics that the questions are put to the GATE review are prepared. Similarly , the study of non-important issues prevents unnecessary time waste.
Tip 2: Choose the best reference books for GATE Biotechnology
The second step that the students have to take is the study of these basic biotechnology books, which cover fundamental subjects. The basic principles that will help to explain the advanced studies must first be explained.
Most books can be found online or offline, but I will share with you some of the best books which experts and universities recommend for conceptual research.
3. Identify the first subjects to be discussed
You still have to train yourself along with the program. Without the curriculum, you can’t prepare yourself. Once you learn the program, make sure you cover all the subjects and nothing is left out.
For the GATE examination and to win the examination, this is very important. You may visit http://gate.iisc.ac.in/ for further detail.
4. Build a Plan of Study
You also have to test yourself during training for the program you have mentioned. It will help you work with and focus on your schedule. You can then access the previous question papers and solve the questions by yourself in order to understand the pacing needed to answer each question.
You should be able to identify and correct the time available before you appear for the main exam after this process has been completed. In the analysis, time plays a significant part. Keep all of these things in preparation and prepare for the examination at your best.
How to Prepare for GATE Exam 2021
- Take a print out of the syllabus. See the weightage of different subjects.
- Whatever subjects that are common to your current semester and GATE, or some tough subjects you have already done in previous semesters, start doing them. Read standard books referred for them. Don’t learn. Build your concepts.
- Make your notes alongside.
- Make small targets, daily targets, weekly targets. At this stage, 3-4 hours of study would be okay. Actually, I’m defining the amount because people tend to ask ‘how time to study etc’. But actually, one shouldn’t keep time as the reference, but a topic or two as a measure of time to sit in a day.
- Keep targets of 2 or 3 subjects in a semester. Conquer them.
- Practice previous year questions religiously.
- Don’t just do a subject and leave. Revise it after 7-15 days so that you don’t forget it.
- Mark the questions you feel are important, tough or conceptual.
- Be your own critic. Take your own tests. No one can help you better than you, yourself.
- Take a break of a day or two if you feel things are getting hectic.
- Buy some previous year Question Bank, made easy or Ace. But do not follow them blindly. Look for better solutions to some typical questions on the internet.
- Google good sites for GATE in Biotechnology, join some Facebook group.
- Have faith in yourself. Tell your parents about your aim and ask them to motivate you daily. The most difficult task would be to keep up your motivation high since the time is long.
- Don’t ever think about the results. Keep doing your share of efforts.
5. Last phase in the planning
Ultimately, as far as possible, students will use solved and mock test papers. This allows them to clear the test tremendously.
Helpful Online Community & Forums GATE Biotechnology
If you are new to the test, online groups and forums are helpful. Know the tips and tricks of these sites and communities’ experts. For the GATE Biotechnology Review you can visit certain well-known questions and doubts forums.
After studying B or BE, most students are looking forward to masters and will continue to pursue their careers in research and development. The importance and expertise of his profession is enhanced by the graduation from renowned universities such as the IIT, IISC, etc.
When anyone qualifies GATE ,it means he/she has good engineering knowledge. That’s why R&D companies and organizations demand for GATE qualified score.
GATE Biotechnology (BT): Top Tips to Prepare for the exam