100% Study Abroad Scholarship – Is It Actually Possible?
A complete scholarship would be an ambition for many to study abroad. The average course costs and complete scholarship are some of the first thoughts a student thinks of while applying to study abroad. In certain cases, the number of bursaries and the official approval of the bursary or grant determines if a student approves the bid and enters the school. Several bursaries are given to foreign students by various institutions, associations, and governments.
The following forms of bursaries are generally:
- Scholarships offered by the institution/university.
- Scholarships offered by the government.
- Scholarships offered by private trusts, charitable organizations, and companies.
In addition, students are given a money voucher, offered as a refund from their tuition fees; there is no clear cash payment. Some funds also cover housing costs, transport, and other costs. In order to apply for a scholarship, certain conditions would have to be met.
This may vary depending on the university, subject, degree, and merit of the person. Study grants and scholarships are separate, whereby students earn an interval scholarship. The volume of the bursary will range from 1000 USD to 25,000 USD or more. See if you bid students for the course you have applied for at the university of your choosing.
A 100% Study Abroad Scholarship – truth or fiction?
One question several students who plan to study outside Germany ask: ‘Is any scholarship going to cover 100% of international study expenses? ‘This question’s real answer is ‘No.’ Foreign candidates do not get entirely sponsored scholarships.
Some granting organizations can pay approximately 85% of the overall costs, although they are reduced in number. The competition for these bursaries would be incredibly high, not to mention. You may have excellent college results and other special criteria for qualifying.
However, don’t be disregarded; there are also other bonds you should apply for that provide respectable assistance in the cost of studying abroad. Financial help would go a long way though, large or small.
Before we hear about the various bourses, here are several things that you need to take into account when looking for and applying for bursaries.
Things to note before you apply to study abroad
The quest for the proper scholarship takes many steps.
Get prepared with the basic conditions: the academic credentials, reference letting and university letter are obvious criteria for studying overseas. Decide who you want to contact and keep them up-to-date.
Understand the bursary criteria: You must closely read the bursary requirements and application instructions. Make sure you satisfy the conditions for qualifying. See also the basic conditions for which documents to apply. Comply with the time limits.
Write your submission a persuasive cover letter: you must write a special cover letter along with the other papers you apply for. Have points that reflect your abilities and accomplishments. You should be able to show policymakers that you deserve the bursary.
Recall that the bursary rivalry is strong. You won’t make sure that you are adequately prepared for the borrowing on your end. So brace yourself for retrogression. Don’t give up, for the very best bursary you might apply for.
Popular Scholarships to Study Abroad In 2021
Some of the popular scholarships that are available for international students are listed below; click on them for more information.
- Chevening UK Government Scholarships – If you want to pursue a one-year master’s degree at any university in the UK, you can apply for the Chevening scholarship. It is a fully-funded scholarship; however, check out the website for more accurate information.
- Commonwealth Scholarships – You can apply for commonwealth scholarships after having studied in a UK institution for a year. There are specific scholarships for students pursuing a master’s or Ph.D. The Ministry of Human Resource Development will be conducting an interview for shortlisting the eligible students. Do check out the eligibility criteria before applying for this scholarship.
- Erasmus Scholarships – You can apply for this scholarship to study at the master’s or doctorate level.
- Royal Society Grants – These grants are offered for researchers.
- Tata Scholarship at Cornell University for Indian Students – Students who received an admission offer from Cornell University for undergraduate studies can apply for this scholarship. They support 20 students at a time.
- Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships for Indian Students – Some of the eligibility criteria for this scholarship is that you should have 3 years of professional experience in the field of study and also hold a degree from an Indian institution which is equivalent to the U.S. Bachelor’s degree. (Bachelor’s degree in the U.S. takes 4 years to complete.)
Apart from these, there are several other scholarships given by the universities, for Indian international students. These include the India Global Leaders Scholarship offered by The University of Queensland, the Future of Change Scholarship offered by the University of New South Wales, the Rhodes Scholarship for India for students applying to Oxford University, the University of Lincoln India Scholarship offered by the University of Lincoln and so on. These are not 100 percent scholarships but will support you in your study abroad journey.
Applying for Scholarships
This is one of the key stages in the whole process. After you have listed the institutions, concentrate on the different bursaries listed on the websites of the institutions. Read the description and apply for all the bonds that you qualify for.
Make sure the submission form is filled correctly, fill out all the appropriate information, and return the form in good time. Besides these bursaries, philanthropists and private foundations make frequent announcements before the admission season. Check for alerts and submit accordingly on education blogs, journals, international platforms for student support, and Facebook accounts.
Note: Certain universities permit the initial course entry form to be submitted to qualify for a thesis. Certain universities only open the bursary for students after their entry form has been checked and a conditional offer is offered to the recipient.
Research Grants and Fellowships
Students should remember that research grants and technological bursaries vary from normal bursaries. As science warriors, students spend long hours working intensively on their research studies in laboratories. These research ventures earn annual funding to support research from major businesses or the Government.
Competition is highly threatening and these programs are shut down as research fails or commercially viable. We stress again that the “full paid fellowship in research” should not be mistaken for the fellowship in an international study!